Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- What is Data Visualization?
Data is called “new oil” in this digital age, no matter what the field.
However, the value of the data is nothing unless it provides meaningful insights. This is where data visualization becomes essential.
As organizations amassed huge amounts of data during the early years of the big data movement, they required a means to rapidly and simply acquire an overview of their data.
Visualization tools were a natural match, as they could convey the information just by glancing at them, when you would typically have to read spreadsheets or text reports to grasp the data.
Data visualization tools make it simple for analysts and statisticians to develop visual data models based on their specifications by combining an interface, database connectivity, and Machine Learning techniques in one location.
What is Data Visualization?
The rendering of any given data into visual representations is known as data visualization. The data may be converted into charts, graphs, or any other type of visual representation. This is possible with the assistance of data visualization tools.
The resultant visual representation of data makes it easier to identify and communicate real-time trends, outliers, and novel insights about the data’s substance.
As the volume of big data grows, more people are using data visualization tools on their computers and mobile devices to gain insights.
To track their own objectives, several company departments use data visualization tools or software. A marketing team, for example, can also use the program to measure the performance of an email campaign, measuring data such as open rate, click-through rate, and conversion rate.
As data visualization companies expand their products’ capabilities, they are increasingly being used as frontends for more sophisticated big data environments.
In this context, data visualization software helps data engineers and scientists in keeping track of data sources and doing basic exploratory research on data sets before or following more extensive advanced investigations.
20 Best Visualization Tools and Softwares
It is a cloud-based interactive tool that generates graphical charts based on information provided by users.
SVG is used to generate charts in standard browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer (IE). VML is used to draw graphics in old IE 6.
It is open-source and free to use for non-commercial purposes. It also allows for dynamic data loading from the server, and controls data with callback functions.
It is an excellent tool for displaying data on your website. The chart gallery has a wide range of ready-to-use chart formats, from basic line charts to complicated hierarchical treemaps.
- Charts may be configured in any way you wish.
- Get real-time access to your data.
- It includes a large portfolio of interactive charts.
- Google Charts is available on both the Android and iOS platforms.
- It works with a variety of web browsers.
Google Charts is a completely free product.
FusionCharts allows you to create visually appealing dashboards for your online and mobile applications.
With detailed documentation, cross-browser compatibility, and a standard API, adding interactive and responsive charts is easier than ever. You can export the charts using FusionCharts.
FusionExport runs on your server, as opposed to FusionCharts, which runs on the client or in a browser. When you download FusionExport, you will receive a binary file that you must execute on your server in the same manner as any other service.
You can connect it with your backend using FusionExport SDKs or API endpoints. The only thing that FusionCharts and FusionExport have in common is that they both accept data in JSON format.
FusionExport enables you to save your dashboards as pictures or PDFs. Emails, attachments, and printable documents may be sent using the produced files. It supports image formats such as PNG and JPG, as well as vector formats such as SVG and PDF.
- FusionCharts enriches your dashboards and monitors with gauges and KPIs, as well as funnel and pyramid charts.
- For your reports and dashboards, there are 50+ chart kinds, including all of the most regularly used charts such as column, line, and pie.
- Plot-critical business data such as revenue by area with FusionMaps XT’s over 2000 data-driven maps.
- Heat and treemaps, radar, and statistics charts are all included.
FusionCharts features have four higher premium levels:
- Basic: $499 per month (paid yearly) or $1,299 per month (paid monthly)
- Pro: It charges $1,299 per month (paid annually) or $3,299 per month (paid monthly)
- Enterprise: $2,499 per month (payable yearly) or $6,499 per month (paid monthly)
- Enterprise+: To obtain this information, you must contact the sales staff.
3. Power BI
Microsoft Power BI is a Data Visualization technology that aims to instill a data-driven business intelligence culture in all organizations today. To that end, it provides self-service analytics tools that may be used to analyze, aggregate, and distribute data in meaningful ways.
It provides its users with hundreds of data visualizations, as well as built-in Artificial Intelligence capabilities, and Excel connections.
Power BI can access massive amounts of data from a variety of sources. It enables you to examine, analyze, and visualize massive amounts of data that Excel cannot open. Excel, CSV, XML, JSON, pdf, and other significant data sources are accessible for Power BI.
It imports and caches data from .PBIX files using advanced compression methods. Power BI enhances the visual attractiveness of data. It offers a simple drag-and-drop interface and capabilities that allow you to duplicate all formatting across comparable visualizations.
- Power BI provides real-time dashboard updates.
- The hybrid design is simple to use.
- Using an SaaS system, you can quickly manage reports.
- Allows for data exploration with natural language queries.
- Provides a dashboard visualization option that is continuously updated with the community.
- It makes sure safe and dependable connectivity to your data sources, whether in the cloud or on-premises.
Power BI features have three higher premium levels, as below:
- Power BI Pro: $9.99/user/month
- Power BI Premium: $20/user/month
- Power BI Premium: $4995/capacity/month
Tableau is a fast-developing visualization tool that is used for a variety of commercial applications. A tableau is a powerful tool for improved data visualization to generate intelligible graphics, you may link to any database.
It is one of the greatest visualization tools for sharing visualizations with others. Tableau is a data visualization application that data analysts, scientists, statisticians, and others may use to represent data and form clear opinions based on data analysis.
Tableau is well-known for its ability to handle data rapidly and produce the necessary data visualization output. Regarding data type and format, tableau can work with both organized and unstructured information, and it can be accessible by any computer language, including R, Python, SAS, and others.
Tableau does not require any technical or programming knowledge. Thus, anyone with a non-technical background may use it.
- It gives a wide range of solutions for securing data without the need for scripting.
- This program is available in several versions, including Tableau server, cloud, and desktop.
- Tableau helps you in resolving large data-related difficulties.
- The moderate speed with choices to adjust and improve the pace of a process.
- It can be integrated with over 250 apps.
Tableau’s pricing is divided into three subscription levels:
- Tableau Creator ($70/month/user)
- Tableau Explorer ($35/month/user)
- Tableau Viewer ($12/month/user).
There are no hidden fees because each subscription includes maintenance, product upgrades, and support all at one price.
Whatagraph is a data visualization application that allows you to track and compare the success of numerous campaigns at the same time. This app allows you to transfer custom data between Google Sheets and the API.
It is a great tool for tracking and reporting on performance. Marketers use it to display data and create customized cross-channel reports.
Whatagraph provides ready-to-use report templates for a variety of marketing channels, including SEO, PPC, social media, and others. You can create a performance report in minutes while avoiding human mistakes by applying a pre-made template.
You may also collaborate with your coworkers by sharing a link to the live report, and you’ll be able to work on it concurrently.
- It provides ready-to-use templates.
- You can modify the report to meet your own business requirements.
- Allows you to easily work with your team.
- You can import data from Google Sheets.
- You are free to format your report any way you see fit.
- It can automatically deliver reports to clients.
Whatagraph features have three premium levels, as below:
- Professional: $119 (paid yearly) or $139 (paid quarterly)
- Premium: It charges $279 (paid annually) or $319 per (paid quarterly)
- Growth: $699 per (payable yearly) or $79 (paid quarterly)
6. Workday Adaptive Planning
Workday Adaptive Planning is a data visualization tool designed to help you grow your business.
It is one of the best data visualization tools for helping you plan, budget, and predict to make better decisions. It has everything you need for thorough financial planning, reporting, and analysis on an ongoing basis.
You can produce accurate budgets and projections quickly, and analyze different scenarios with massive data sets. In minutes, you can deliver spectacular reports. The tool also allows you to collaborate from any location using online, mobile, and Excel.
The program has sophisticated dashboards and modeling capabilities, as well as everything a firm needs to develop an effective financial planning process.
The drag-and-drop features of Workday Adaptive Planning make it simple to build and amend reports that reflect real-time data and provide users with a thorough perspective of their whole organization.
- Automated data collection to guarantee that you’re always dealing with new data.
- This application has a dashboard that allows you to quickly build a report.
- It is simple to work with others.
- You can change the plan in real-time.
- You can plan a budget for a project using Adaptive Insights.
Workday Adaptive Planning provides a free trial. For pricing options, contact their team.
Qlik is a business intelligence platform that can integrate data, perform conversational analytics, and turn raw data into a knowledge base. It supports ad hoc queries and enables speedy decision-making based on conveniently available data.
This software functions similarly to a human brain in that it searches for solutions by “association” and can proceed in any direction.
Qlik operates on an Associative Model that is stored in memory. As a result, you do not require “IT pros” , if you know how to write SQL, choose Query to better understand your data.
It allows for the rapid integration of data from several sources into a single application. You can also access, analyze, and recover data from mobile devices.
- Maintains data association automatically.
- Allows for the rapid integration of data from several sources into a single application.
- Helps you identify trends and information needed to make judgments.
- Offers clear reporting as well as scalability and data integration.
- Provides a variety of data display methods.
Qlik provides a free trial with two premium levels:
- Qlik Sense Business: $30/user/month (billed annually).
- Qlik Sense Enterprise: Pricing upon request.
8. Dundas BI
Dundas BI is a Business Intelligence (BI) platform for building and viewing interactive dashboards, reports, scorecards, and other data visualizations. You may use Dundas BI as your organization’s central data portal or incorporate it into an existing website as part of a bespoke BI solution.
This browser-based business intelligence and data visualization platform features integrated dashboards, reporting tools, and data analytics. It allows users to construct dynamic, customizable dashboards, generate their own reports, conduct ad-hoc queries, and analyze and drill down into their data and performance indicators.
The Dundas BI platform is adaptable, allowing users to connect to and interact with any data source in real-time and on any device.
Users can build and view dashboards and reports on any platform, from desktop to mobile, thanks to the touch-based interface and responsive design.
- Any device can connect to, interact with, or analyze your data.
- It has an API that allows you to customize design requirements to your consumers’ preferences.
- Dundas facilitates data incorporation with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface.
- You can prepare and translate your company data graphically into accessible reports.
- It offers a plethora of layout possibilities.
- You can personalize interactive charts, maps, and other components.
- A large variety of statistical formulae are supported.
Dundas BI provides a free trial. For pricing information, you need to contact their team.
Juice Analytics is a data visualization tool designed for consultants and information professionals who want to wow their audience with their next data-rich presentation. It is simple to get started, as no coding or design skills are necessary to create an engaging, interactive data story.
It is a cutting-edge SaaS platform for interactive data visualization and reporting. It also allows business users to transform static spreadsheets into appealing, web-based data stories that drive audiences to action.
- User administration and app sharing, both public and private
- End-users are guided through the data via a novel data storytelling method.
- Juicebox is accessible to non-technical users because of its easy-to-learn editing.
- Mobile-friendly layout
- Options for basic style make sure that your website is beautiful and professional.
- Use data upload or database connection to connect to several data sources.
Juicebox provides a 14 days free trial with two premium levels, which are mentioned below:
- Pro: $15/Editor/Month
- Premium: You’ll have to contact the team for more information.
Sisense is a business intelligence-based data visualization solution that offers a variety of tools to help data analysts simplify difficult data and get insights for their companies and outsiders.
Sisense thinks that, in the end, every firm will be data-driven, and every product will be in some way tied to data. As a result, it makes every effort to deliver various data analytics tools to business teams and data analytics so that they can help in transforming their organizations into data-driven enterprises of the future.
It is one of the best data visualization tools for transforming data into usable components or representations. Sisense also allows users to export their files in a variety of formats, including PPT, Excel, MS Word, PDF, and others.
It is simple to set up and use. It can be implemented in less than a minute, and data analysts can complete their tasks and acquire findings immediately.
- This application has a drag-and-drop user interface.
- It enables you to combine data and develop an analytics app.
- You can use Windows or Linux to deploy your work on the cloud.
- It offers role-based security to users.
- You can retrieve your data at any moment and protect yourself from mistakes.
- Data can be exported to Excel, CSV, PDF, and other formats.
- With configurable options, you can put analytics everywhere.
Sisense provides a free trial. For pricing options, contact their team.
Highcharts is beneficial for recent graduates, IT professionals, and deep tech aficionados who want to enter the world of business and economics and learn about in-demand skills and ways for displaying data in an easy-to-understand manner.
It allows you to easily add interactive charts to your web app or website. To show your data, you can use pie charts, line charts, spline charts, area charts, bar charts, and so on. Highcharts is widely used by software experts and business analysts to make their plans more immersive.
- It is mobile and tablet friendly.
- HTML 5 is used to create it.
- You may create a bar, column, pie, or other charts for your website or mobile app.
All Highcharts products are free to download and trial. Purchase a commercial license once your project/product is ready for release.
- Developer License: $535 per developer seat (paid annually).
- For further information about Advantage Renewal and OEM License, please contact the team.
RAWGraphs is an open-source data visualization platform designed to make visualizing complicated data simple for everyone.
It was primarily developed as a tool for designers and viz nerds, with the goal of filling a gap between spreadsheet tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Apple Numbers, OpenRefine) and vector graphics editors (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, Sketch).
RAWGraphs is one of the best data visualization programs that work with CSV and TSV files (Tab Separated Values). This tool allows you to integrate charts straight into your websites.
- Your work can be saved as a PNG or SVG file.
- Several graphic layouts are supported.
- You can import data into RAWGraphs by copying and pasting it.
- It allows you to map the dimensions of your data graphically to better comprehend it.
- You can open your output in any vector graphics editing application using this framework.
- RAWGraphs provides you with instant feedback on your graphics.
You can use RAWGraphs on their website for free.
Datawrapper makes it easier for journalists and other communicators to generate basic charts and maps for online stories.
To create a chart, you just need to enter your data and select a chart type. They make sure that the chart you’ll include after your post is gorgeous, responsive, and interactive.
Datawrapper is an open-source application for creating interactive visualizations. You may use this program to load CSV (Comma-separated Values data files) and embed maps on your website.
It is simple to use and does not require any significant coding or design experience.
- You can use this tool to connect your visualization to a Google Sheet.
- Datawrapper can be used on any device.
- You can change the app’s appearance without adding any code.
- It is one of the greatest free data visualization tools for making maps, charts, and tables.
- Datawrapper is compatible with Linux, Mac, and Windows operating systems.
Begin making visualizations right away with strong free and premium options.
- Custom: $599/month or $5990/year.
- Enterprise: Pricing upon request.
Plotly is an open-source Python graphing package that is excellent for creating visually appealing and interactive representations. It is an excellent tool for identifying patterns in a dataset before diving into Machine Learning models.
You can create analytic web applications with this tool. You may export HTML files and photos from the report using this app.
Plotly graph objects are the high-level interface that is simple to use. It can generate many graphs and charts such as scatter plots, line charts, bar charts, box plots, histograms, pie charts, and so on.
- You can quickly find a broad variety of charts and layouts.
- You can create your own style of themes.
- It has drag-and-drop functionality.
- Without writing a single line of code, you can create publication-quality figures using this application.
- Plotly can be incorporated into your company’s existing process.
Of course, you can acquire the trial for free, and the seller does not disclose the price. You must contact the staff.
Cluvio is a more intelligent approach to communicating data-driven storytelling. This platform, which is powered by SQL and R, combines analytical capabilities with stunning visualizations and a user-friendly interface.
Cluvio is a cloud-based data analytics platform designed to help small and medium-sized enterprises maximize the value of their data and find insights that will help them in making sound business decisions and steering their firm to success.
It allows you to analyze your data using SQL and the R programming language to obtain insights that the system then uses as the foundation for beautiful, interactive dashboards that are accessible and viewable throughout your whole organization.
- It will automatically recommend a way to visualize data in the form of a chart.
- Cluvio can help you convert your raw data into a variety of professional charts and graphs.
- You can share a dashboard with clients and coworkers.
- You can define SQL alerts and a condition about which you want to be notified.
- You can filter numerous dashboards based on any aspect of your data.
- Emails with attachments can contain reports.
Cluvio provides a free tier with the other three premium levels which are mentioned below:
- Pro: $279/month
- Business: $669/month
- Enterprise: $2250+/month(billed annually)
16. Zoho Analytics
In minutes, you can analyze your data, generate spectacular data visualizations, and uncover hidden insights with Zoho Analytics, a self-service BI and data analytics platform.
Data from many sources may be combined to create multidimensional data visualizations that allow you to observe your company’s data from multiple perspectives.
You can contact Zia, a smart assistant created with Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Processing, if you have any questions.
Zoho Analytics enables you to share or publish your reports with your colleagues, as well as make comments and join in dialogs as needed. The files can be exported in any format, including Spreadsheet, MS Word, Excel, PPT, PDF, and others.
It also enables you to share or publish your reports with your colleagues, as well as make comments or join in discussions as needed.
- Get your data examined from over 250+ data sources, no matter where it is.
- Cleanse, modify, and enrich your raw data for simpler and more accurate analysis.
- Slice and dissect your data, then visually evaluate it using a range of visualization tools.
- Enhance your data analysis with artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and natural language processing and generation (NLP/G) to gain rapid insights from your data.
- Phones and tablets can access and interact with your data, reports, and dashboards.
Zoho Analytics offers a 15 day free trial with four subscription tiers for the cloud.
- Basic: $960 (paid yearly) or $1,200 (paid monthly)
- Standard: It charges $1,900 (paid annually) or $2,400 per (paid monthly)
- Premium: $4,200 per (payable yearly) or $5,200 (paid monthly)
- Enterprise: $15,850 per (payable yearly) or $19,700 (paid monthly)
IBM Cognos Analytics is a BI platform driven by Artificial Intelligence that guides you through the whole analytics process, from discovery to implementation. Anyone in your business can access, evaluate, and share actionable insights about their data.
You can use IBM Cognos Analytics even if you have little or no expertise with data analytics since it interprets the data for you and provides actionable insights in plain English.
Cognos Analytics uses AI to discover trends in your data that you were unaware of, as well as natural language generation to communicate those insights to you. You may also share your data in the cloud with other people and send graphics via email or Slack.
You may also import data from spreadsheets, the cloud, CSV files, or on-premises databases, and merge relevant data sources into a single data module.
- CSV and Excel data can be imported. Connect to on-premises or cloud data sources such as SQL databases, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, and others.
- AI-assisted data preparation saves you time cleaning your data.
- Create engaging, dynamic dashboards in a matter of minutes. To build auto-generated graphics, simply drag & drop materials.
- In straightforward English, ask the AI assistant a question, and the response will appear in a graphic.
IBM Cognos Analytics offers a 30 day free trial with three other subscription tiers.
- On demand: Starts at $10
- On Cloud Hosted: Starts at $5
- Client Hosted: Starts at $5
SAP Analytics Cloud employs business intelligence and data analytics tools to help you evaluate your data and create visualizations to forecast business outcomes.
It also gives you the most up-to-date modeling tools, which help you by alerting you to potential data problems and classifying various data metrics and dimensions. SAP Analytics Cloud also recommends Smart Transformations to the data, which result in improved visualizations.
Data can be retrieved from Microsoft SQL, ERP applications, and Salesforce. To enable predictive planning, business users can assemble data, execute data discovery, ad hoc reporting, and analysis.
The SAP Analytics tool transforms raw data from the transactional system into useful information for enhanced decision-making.
- Financial and business planning that is integrated.
- Machine for Data Discovery Capability to learn.
- iPhone/iPad mobile extension for connecting with coworkers.
- Custom widgets are used.
- Data scrubbing that is automated.
- Predictive modeling.
SAP Analytics Provide Trial version for 30 days with two other subscription versions.
- Business Intelligence: $2624/user/month.
- Planning: Price upon request.
Looker is a strong business intelligence (BI) application that may help a company in developing intelligent visuals. It has a user-friendly workflow, is totally browser-based (no need for desktop applications), and allows for dashboard collaboration.
You can build interactive and dynamic dashboards, schedule and automate report dissemination, establish custom alert parameters, and use-integrated analytics.
Using any tool, the data visualizations may be shared with everyone. You may also export these files in any format right away. It also supports connections to Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, and more than 50 SQL dialects, allowing you to connect to many databases without difficulty.
- This program offers a contemporary API for integrating workflows.
- Looker makes it possible to mix many types of charts.
- Tables can be used to illustrate data using subtotals.
- Individuals or groups can be dynamically filtered.
- It has a dashboard for in-depth data analysis.
Lookers offers a free demo, but prices are not publicly published; you can contact the team for pricing.
Klipfolio is a Canadian business intelligence firm that offers some of the greatest data visualization solutions available. Using connectors, you can access your data from hundreds of various data sources such as spreadsheets, databases, files, and web services applications.
It also allows you to build unique drag-and-drop data visualizations by selecting from a variety of choices such as charts, graphs, scatter plots, and so on.
This tool has enabled thousands of company executives and their teams to make better, more confident choices. Klipfolio also has tools for executing sophisticated calculations that help address difficult data challenges.
- With a dashboarding technology that exposes significant KPIs first, it enables quicker and better data-driven decision-making.
- Using a simple back-end design, you can quickly upload and analyze data with dashboards – no programming necessary.
- Real-time dashboards and reports provide visibility into business data and help you understand where the company is at.
- The platform is accessible through a native app for iOS, and Android mobile devices, as well as online browsers.
Klipfolio offers a free tier with three other subscription tiers.
- Plus: $99/month(paid annually) or $142/month(paid monthly).
- Pro: $249/month(paid annually) or $349/month(paid monthly).
An effective data visualization is key to getting meaningful insights to improve your decision-making related to your products, services, or other critical aspects of your business.
The tools I introduced in this article are some of the best ones offering powerful visualization solutions. Many are completely free to use or come with free trail and excellent tools to begin with data visualization.
Give them a try and choose the one based on the features that work for you!